[SNMP4J] agent address problem

Sreenivasa Rao Iruvanti, TLS-Chennai Isreenivas at hcl.in
Wed Feb 20 10:42:37 CET 2008

Hello All,

I'm using snmp4j trap receiver at 162 port and other trap receiver at
10000 port. When a send a trap from agent initially it's receiving at
162 and sending the same to 10000 port. But when I send these trap
details to database, it's saving local machine ipaddress as agent
address rather than actual agent ipaddress. This is because I'm
directing trap from 162 to 10000 port which are running on my machine.
How do I get the actual agent ipaddress when trap is directed to 10000
port? The following is snippet of code to direct trap from 162 to 10000.

e.getMessageDispatcher().sendPdu(

                    new UdpAddress(InetAddress.getLocalHost(),10000),

                    e.getMessageProcessingModel(),

                    e.getSecurityModel(),

                    e.getSecurityName(),

                    e.getSecurityLevel(),