[SNMP4J] AgentX with identical subagents

Frank Fock fock at agentpp.com
Thu Feb 28 19:38:13 CET 2008

Mark,

If MY-APP-MIB has been written for a subagent architecture
then it would contain few (or no) scalars and tables which
include a (sub)system sub-index.

Then each sub-agent can aquire its (sub)system index portion
from the AgentX master agent.

In most cases, the above approach fails, because the MIB
(or MIBs it depends on) do not support such an architecture.

Then (or if you are looking for an easy migration) each
sub-agent may use its own context. That context can be
mapped to a SNMPv3 context and SNMPv1/v2c
communities on the master agent.