[SNMP4J] Setting the log level

inliner683 at gmx.de inliner683 at gmx.de
Thu Jan 10 13:14:33 CET 2008

Hello,

what is the suggested way to set the log level for an agent implemented with snmp4j?

I know the method

LogFactory.getLogger(Foo.class).setLogLevel(LogLevel.ALL)

but this seems to affect only one class. I tried it on BaseAgent.class
but this seems to have no impact.

I am using

LogFactory.setLogFactory(new JavaLogFactory());

in my agent.

I also discovered that logging can be influenced with the system property

snmp4j.LogFactory

Is there any documentation how the logging (and perhaps the log level too) can
be influenced with system properties/command line parameters?

Thank you.