[SNMP4J] SNMP4J on an application server like tomcat or jboss

Frank Fock fock at agentpp.com
Sun Jan 20 13:10:12 CET 2008

Hello Georg,

The next release of SNMP4J (1.9 RC3/final) will support
custom thread factories compatible with the J2EE
WorkerManager.

Although the current release creates its own thread
it works very well in a J2EE environment as long as
a single Snmp instance and a defined number of transport
mappings are used. Then the created threads are constant
and do not interfere with the agents resource management.

Hope this helps.