[SNMP4J] Tomcat Servlet with SNMP object

Isaac Cheung gr8developer at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 24 23:19:32 CET 2008

Hi,

I implemented a web service in Tomcat to issue concurrent SNMP requests to a managed device.
I find that re-establishing the new SNMP object in each servlet thread is very expensive and i notice that the web service is taking a significant performance hit.  Do you have code sample of showing how to pool the SNMP objects or the DefaultUDPTransportMapping objects?  I'm assuming that's all possible?

Thanks,

Isaac G. Cheung