[SNMP4J] Creating an Agent with both private and public community string

johan.rask at jayway.se johan.rask at jayway.se
Wed Jul 2 16:50:19 CEST 2008

Hi there,

I am building an Snmp simulator based on the example in TestAgent. It is
working well but I really cannot figure out how to setup the "private" community.

Sending requests with CommunityTarget="private" results in timeout. I have tried
several approaches with the "protected void addViews(VacmMIB vacm)" method
as well as "protected void addCommunities(SnmpCommunityMIB communityMIB)"
method but no luck.

I would really appreciate if someone could point me in the right direction here.

Regards / Johan