[SNMP4J] Creating an Agent with both private and public community string

johan.rask at jayway.se johan.rask at jayway.se
Thu Jul 3 09:06:13 CEST 2008

Hi,

CanĀ“t really say that the RFC helped me but the access entry thing
helped. I was really close yesterday... did a minor fatal mistake when
adding the group (and did not go through the javadocs enough...).

These lines did the trick.

        Variable[] com2sec2 = new Variable[] { new OctetString("private"), // community name
                new OctetString("cprivate"), // security name
                getAgent().getContextEngineID(), // local engine ID
                new OctetString("private"), // default context name
                new OctetString(), // transport tag
                new Integer32(StorageType.nonVolatile), // storage type
                new Integer32(RowStatus.active) // row status
        };

        MOTableRow row = communityMIB.getSnmpCommunityEntry().createRow(
                new OctetString("public").toSubIndex(true), com2sec);
         communityMIB.getSnmpCommunityEntry().addRow(row2);

vacm.addGroup(SecurityModel.SECURITY_MODEL_SNMPv2c, new OctetString(
        "cprivate"), new OctetString("v1v2group"),
        StorageType.nonVolatile);

vacm.addAccess(new OctetString("v1v2group"), new OctetString("private"),
                SecurityModel.SECURITY_MODEL_ANY, SecurityLevel.NOAUTH_NOPRIV,
                MutableVACM.VACM_MATCH_EXACT, new OctetString("fullReadView"),
                new OctetString("fullWriteView"), new OctetString(
                        "fullNotifyView"), StorageType.nonVolatile);

Thanks
/Johan

Hi John,