[SNMP4J] getting responseing snmp4j

Tayyab Akram mail.tayyab at gmail.com
Tue Jul 15 15:14:19 CEST 2008

First thing about your code..... You are mixing up the things.... like you
wrote

target.setVersion(SnmpConstants.*version1*);

But the code you have written is for SnmpV3.... Like you have used USM and
you have created User and used MD5DES......etc...
So I think your code should give exception due to Message Processing
Model...

What you want to do??? I mean why you want to receive the response??? and
what you want to do with the response??

If you are using a Trap Listener that does not support SnmpV3 then of course
you can't send SnmpV3 messages to that Listener.

Regards,
--Muhammad Tayyab