[SNMP4J] Querying by variable name vs. numeric OID

George Chelidze gchelidze at magticom.ge
Wed Jun 4 12:36:11 CEST 2008

http://www.mibble.org is another place to look. Simple example is below:

private void name2OID() {
        String oid = null;
        try {
            MibLoader mibLoader = new MibLoader();
            Mib mib = mibLoader.load("SNMPv2-MIB");
            MibSymbol symbol = mib.getSymbol("sysName");
            if (symbol != null && symbol instanceof MibValueSymbol) {
                MibValue value = ((MibValueSymbol) symbol).getValue();
                if (value instanceof ObjectIdentifierValue) {
                    oid = ((ObjectIdentifierValue) value).toString();
            System.out.println(oid);
        } catch (Exception ex) {
            ex.printStackTrace();