[SNMP4J] Security properties in snmpv3

Anton Boronnikov anton at tibbo.com
Thu Jun 5 15:49:00 CEST 2008

Hello!
I have 2 questions about security properties for snmpv3:
1. Is following command is necessary and correct with each securityLevel
value (noAuthNoPriv, authNoPriv, authPriv):

"snmp.getUSM().addUser(octetUser, new UsmUser(octetUser, authProtocol, new
OctetString(authPwd), privProtocol, new OctetString(privPwd)));"

We used to write this command in every case? Even there is no auth and no
priv? Or only auth but no priv is configured?

2. I'm abit confused with determining the whole available list of priv
protocols. I found in org.snmp4j.security package this clases:
Priv3DES
PrivAES (but it has no field ID and therefore can not be used as priv
protocol value)
PrivAES128
PrivAES192
PrivAES256
PrivDES

Where can I find the whole and exact list of available priv protocols?

Thanks!

--
Yours respectfully, Anton Boronnikov