[SNMP4J] pdu size

PHIL BERGSTRESSER phil.bergstresser at adtran.com
Thu Jun 5 17:03:42 CEST 2008

Anton,

    I said minimum 485, but it is actually 484 over udp. See RFC3417
(STD 62) Section 3.2 for this requirement

    See RFC3416 (STD 62) for the discussion about maximums. Rather
indefinite, but in general is the minimum of the smallest MTU path and
the abilities of the agent. The MTU for ethernet is 1500.

HTH

Phil