[SNMP4J] TableUtils.getTable() bug from 1.8.2

cchung cchung at cittio.com
Tue Jun 10 22:14:39 CEST 2008

Hi,

I am using an older version of your snmp4j API (circa 2007, version
1.8.2), and I noticed a bug with your TableUtils.getTable not returning
all columns.

I see in your changelog that this was fixed here:

[2008-04-03] Version 1.9.1c:

* Fixed: Missing PDUv1.clone() which could lead to wrong
  SNMPv1 trap PDU encoding.
* Fixed: Possible deadlock race condition when processing
  sync requests with retry > 0.
* Improved: Pending async requests will be removed after
  timeout even if the response listener did not call
  Snmp.cancel.
* Fixed: TableUtils did not return all rows if request
  PDUs had to be splitted because of too much columns.

Is the fix small enough for us to apply to our 1.8.2 version manually,
or is it too complex?  We are looking to stay on the same version a
while longer.