[SNMP4J] Response null when Set value to SNMP agent

micky micky_lee at cyberpowersystems.com.tw
Thu Jun 12 05:29:37 CEST 2008

Hi all,

I use SNMP4J 1.9.2 version.

I want to SET value to the SNMP device. I use a SET PDU with version 1 will
work and response the setting value.

But when I use a SET PDU with version 3, it will response null. (don't know
why)

I have verify the access permission of version 3 and it will be workable
when I use a GET PDU or GETNEXT PDU with version 3.

And I use other SNMP tools to try if my SNMP device goes wrong, but other
SNMP tools works well when SET with version 3.

So I think it may be that I ignore something important to write code in my
program?!

Any suggestion will be very appreciated.

Sincerely,

Micky