[SNMP4J] Help - GETBULK

PHIL BERGSTRESSER phil.bergstresser at adtran.com
Fri Jun 13 22:47:20 CEST 2008

Sure Julio,
    The agent puts as many results as it thinks it has room to do, and
sends what it can. It's up to you to request more if you didn't get all.
Like a getNext, it's up to you to decide if you have gone past the OIDs
you are walking. Each Get PDU of any kind will return one response PDU.
You keep it going until you have enough. The advantage of the GetBulk in
SNMPv2 is that it only takes one get PDU to get a lot of returns in one
response.
    HTH,
Phil