[SNMP4J] Exception: Timer Already Cancelled

Robert Stacy rstacy at zcorum.com
Mon Mar 24 15:33:01 CET 2008

Hi Everyone,

I am currently writing software that polls devices on a network using
SNMP.  I am sending the OID in batches of 5 at a time to the device.  I
wait 1 second, and if I have not received all of the replies in that
time I resend the OID that I am missing.  Currently while running the
program  I get the following exception quite often:

normal exception: Timer already cancelled.
java.lang.IllegalStateException: Timer already cancelled.normal
exception: Timer already cancelled.
        at java.util.Timer.sched(Unknown Source)
        at java.util.Timer.schedule(Unknown Source)
        at org.snmp4j.Snmp$PendingRequest.pduHandleAssigned(Unknown Source)
        at org.snmp4j.MessageDispatcherImpl.sendPdu(Unknown Source)
        at org.snmp4j.Snmp.sendMessage(Unknown Source)

        at org.snmp4j.Snmp.send(Unknown Source)
        at org.snmp4j.Snmp.send(Unknown Source)

Is this because I have already received the response for the request?
Why would I get this exception?

Thanks,
Rob