[SNMP4J] Maybe a but in PendingRequest object

Matthieu Casanova chocolat.mou at gmail.com
Thu Mar 27 18:40:07 CET 2008

Hi,
the copy constructor of PendingRequest,
PendingRequest(PendingRequest other)
do not copy the transport object from other.
This causes the following problem:
I send a GET request like this giving the transport I want
ResponseEvent event = snmp.send(pdu, target, transport);

and for some reason there are some retries, but when copying the
PendingRequest, the transport is not copied,
so it is null for the next requests, and the Snmp object will use
another transport.
I fixed it by copying the transport in this constructor,
but is it wanted or is it a bug ?

Another question :
the response for my GET request is noSuchName (because I ask for an
OID that do not exists). But Snmp4j tries again,
is there a reason to try again ?
I have set the retry but I thought the retries were only for timeout ...

Matthieu