[SNMP4J] a doubt in snmpwalk

AMRUTH KUMAR JUTURU akjuturub04 at gmail.com
Tue May 27 17:13:39 CEST 2008

Hi all,

              I am trying to learn snmp4j api. I tried using the
snmputil.java file. I tried the snmpwalk.java and its working file. I just
want to know, when I get a value of an oid (say .1.3.6.1.2.1.1.1.0
sysDescriptor) using get or get next , how do you know the type of that
data...in this case it is String. Can we extract the type of data from the
PDU we receive that says the type of .1.3.6.1.2.1.1.1.0 is String. Kindly
help me in doing that. Thanks in advance for your help. Any suggestions are
helpful.

                        Thanks,
                         Amruth Kumar Juturu.