[SNMP4J] a doubt in snmpwalk

AMRUTH KUMAR JUTURU akjuturub04 at gmail.com
Thu May 29 01:03:05 CEST 2008

hi Frank,

                thanks for your response, yeah I am sorry for missing a
little information. I found a book called essential snmp 2 in which they
explained a bit about snmp4j api. i was actually referring to that. yeah...I
agree OIDs starting with . are not supportedby snmp4j, i was just referring
to that as an example. Anyway, what I actually want to know is, if we want
to get the value of a particular OID, using get, we get the response PDU
which contains the valueof that oid. But can we also know the type of that
particular value like OCTET STRING or COUNTER or else....

                    Thanks ,

                           Regards,
                           Amruth Kumar Juturu.