[SNMP4J] SNMP4J command line tool does not work for AES192/256 snmpv3 users

Subanesh subanesh at gmail.com
Mon Apr 6 15:58:51 CEST 2009

Hi,
 Am facing the following problem with AES 192 ,AES 256 and 3DES privacy
protocols.
 SNMP queries using users which use AES128/DES privacy protcols work
fine,however the same queries don't work when queried with the SNMPv3 users
which use AES192/256 or 3DES privacy protocols.I have also downloaded the
necessary JCE files from SUN to the javahome.
   For AES192/256 user I recieve a Request Timeout and for DES I recieve the
following error.
  "org.snmp4j.MessageException: Message processing model 3 returned error:
1403"

I tried increasing timeouts but the same results. I searched the mail
archives and came across a similar problem (
http://lists.agentpp.org/pipermail/snmp4j/2007-September/002464.html ) but
without any resolution. Can you please help me out with this ? Am using
snmp4 tool version 1.9.3.

PS:-I also tried writing simple java programs which use SNMP4j APIs and
faced the same problem.
--
Subanesh