[SNMP4J] SNMP and MIB

Frank Fock fock at agentpp.com
Sun Apr 12 13:31:25 CEST 2009

Hi Nedo,

On the wire (between agent and manager) only OIDs and
values are transmitted by SNMP. On the manager side,
you will have to "know" which OID belongs to what
"information". Loading a MIB at runtime is not necessary
for that. You can also use that information at compile time
only (i.e. using AgenPro).

You can, of course, use your own mapping between OID
and information (in the context of your program) and
create it manually during programming your manager
application.