[SNMP4J] SNMP Listener problem

Donna Griffin griffin.donna at gmail.com
Mon Apr 27 16:17:09 CEST 2009

Hi there,
I can created a sender and listener application. However I am having
problems with the running of the applications. The steps for reproduction
with this error are:

1) Start listener
2) Start sender
3) Everything works fine

1) start sender
2) start listener
3) everything works fine

1) start listener/sender
2) start listener/sender
3) send data
4) close listener application
5) restart listener application

The listener application no longer is able to receive SNMP traps. Based on
the scenario above can you provide a reason why the listener upon restart
is not able to receive SNMP traps anymore.
Has the internal session closed and does it need to be restarted or it is a
config issue with boot count or something like that?
Regards,
Donna