[SNMP4J] Threading structure in TestAgent/BaseAgent

pradip de pradip.de at gmail.com
Mon Aug 31 20:47:06 CEST 2009

Ok. Sorry if I wasnt able to point to the right place. I was using the
TestAgent.java from (
http://kickjava.com/src/org/snmp4j/agent/test/TestAgent.java.htm) and
noticed the while(true) with a sleep(1000) loop in its line 338 in the main
function which seems like a busy wait. My question was regarding the
motivation for this infinite loop to prevent the main agent thread from
exiting. Is this specifically because the listen() was deliberately not made
blocking? Is there a better way than using this infinite loop?
thanks,
Pradip