[SNMP4J] globally inhibiting trap sending of Test/BaseAgent example

Phil Pidgeon phil.snmp4j at gmail.com
Sun Dec 13 22:07:24 CET 2009

Frank,

I am using the TestAgent example as the basis for an SNMP agent. I need to
be able to lock the agent so that it doesn't respond to set/get requests and
also to inhibit the agent from sending traps. I have worked out how to
inhibit the set/get response, BUT:

Given the number of classes involved in establishing targets and sending
traps,
is there a standard method to globally inhibit the sending of any traps
using the example snmp4j-agent TestAgent/BaseAgent or is a custom
modification needed to be used to inhibit traps? I can probably figure out a
way but I thought I would ask before changing snmp-agent library classes.

If I lock the agent I want to maintain all registered targets, close the
snmp session, release the udp port, but stop any traps from being sent.

Regards,
Phil.