[SNMP4J] Recommended client for monitoring SNMP tables?

Paul Mellor paulm at etl2dot0.com
Tue Feb 10 16:12:24 CET 2009

Hi,

I've used the SNMP4JAgent library to add agent functionality to my server
that returns both scalar and tabular SNMP objects (that have a fixed number
of columns but a variable number of rows), which works great.  Whilst
developing, I have been using Paessler's PRTG and SNMP helper software to
test my OIDs.  This works fine with the scalar objects, and allows me to
access cells in the tabular objects if I include the column and index
values.

However, for production it would be much nicer if the network monitoring
client would take the OID of the whole table and then determine the table
state (using the GETNEXT command) itself and present a graphical view of the
table structure and contents.  Does anyone know of any client that is
capable of doing this?

Thanks

Paul