[SNMP4J] UTF Encoding Support

Frank Fock fock at agentpp.com
Fri Jan 2 09:52:08 CET 2009

Hi,

OctetString does not "use" any encoding. As the name
suggests, it represents an octet string which is
a (binary) string of 8-bit bytes.

If you convert an OctetString to a String, UTF-8 is
used by default (Java does that). You are responsible
to use the correct format as specified in the
corresponding MIB specification of the object.