[SNMP4J] Need information on SNMP4j timeout handling mechanism

srenivasan rs ssrenivasanr at gmail.com
Thu Jan 8 08:10:31 CET 2009

Hi All,

  I would like to have a quick question on SNMP4j's timeout handling.

  I am setting the SNMP timeout request to some "X" seconds
and I am receiving the reply after the "X" seconds. In that case,
SNMP4j times out and it initiates another PendingRequest for
the same PDU that is tried earlier. Is there any way, the application
that uses SNMP4j can come to know about the delayed arrival time
of SNMP response from device.

  This information will help me to change the timeout value dynamically
according to the response time.

  Please let me know ASAP.

Thanks in advance,

R Srinivasan