AW: [SNMP4J] problem with declaring octet Variable

Ali Daher alidaher at gebecom.de
Mon Jan 12 17:48:20 CET 2009

Thanks Jon for your reply.

I tried the following:

String stringToConvert = "10101110";
				 int i = Integer.parseInt(
stringToConvert,16);

				 	byte[] dword = new byte[4];
				 	dword[0] = (byte) ((i >>> 24) &
0x000000FF);
					dword[1] = (byte) ((i >>> 16) &
0x000000FF);
					dword[2] = (byte) ((i >>> 8) &
0x000000FF);
					dword[3] = (byte) (i & 0x00FF);
	    		 var2 = new OctetString(dword);

I checked wireshark... and it is sending "10101110" a set value, and that's
good.
But unfortunately I am still getting wrong value as a response.

I was wondering it can be that the string itself is missing something. For
example it should be:
String stringToConvert = "1010111000000000" since there are other actions
and I have to determine whether they are 0 or 1. In this case I am facing
the problem to convert the string to int. and I am getting the following
exception: Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NumberFormatException: For
input string: "0110111000000000".

I know that seems a none snmp4j question but a help is appreciated

Thanks again

Ali