[SNMP4J] snmp4j newbie question

Frank Fock fock at agentpp.com
Sat Jan 17 13:52:55 CET 2009

Hi Los,

1. Make sure you have understood the
"trap directed polling" concept (see
the FAQ of comp.protocols.snmp for details).

2. Write a MIB specification for your
SNMP notifications.

3. Implement a SNMP agent (preferably with
SNMP4J-Agent) that emits the notifications
when your custom events are triggered.

4. Implement the SNMP-NOTIFICATION-LOG MIB
for your agent to support trap directed
polling or specify and implement custom
tables to hold logged event information.