[SNMP4J] SNMP4J and SNMPv2u

Marcin Kokoszka mkokoszka82 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 3 16:22:27 CEST 2009

Hello Frank,

I would like to ask if SNMP4J supports the SNMPv2u.
I have some device which sends SNMPv2u traps. With SNMP4J command line tool
I see warning message that version 2 is not supported. As I see there is
some static field at the MessageProcessingMode interface but I cannot find
any MessagProcessingModel class for the MPv2u as it is done for the MPv2c.
Will it be ok to use MPv2c class as an pattern for implementing some MPv2u?
Or maybe there is somewhere such MessageProcessingModel already implemented?

Best regards
Marcin Kokoszka