[SNMP4J] Multiple UDP transport mappings

Ellis Corey Corey.Ellis at comverse.com
Mon Jul 20 15:58:08 CEST 2009

Hi,

I have setup multiple transport mappings for the purpose of sending out
traps over multiple interfaces.  Everything is working fine, accept that
the source ip of my trap that is going out of one interface is using the
ip address of another interface.

Example of what is occurring.  My machine has two interfaces (admin and
hsbn)

Admin = 10.1.1.1

HSBN = 10.2.2.2

When I send out a trap it goes out on both interfaces, but the trap
going out of the admin network has source ip of 10.2.2.2 instead of
10.1.1.1

I am building my UdpAddress(adminIP, port), I was expecting that the IP
I define in the UdpAddress will be the one that is used as the source ip
when the trap is sent, but it seems like this is not the case.

Any ideas, how I can control the source IP when sending out the trap
over multiple interfaces.

Corey Ellis
Engineering Development Manager

OA&M and Security, Billing