[SNMP4J] Thread poll organizer question.

Łukasz Jastrzębski LJastrzebski at advaoptical.com
Tue Jul 21 15:38:59 CEST 2009

Hi Frank,

I am using SNMP4J with one snmp session and multiple asynchronous get/set request. My question is how the thread poll of SNMP4J is organized during sending asynch request.
I see two options:

1.    Request is send and thread return to the poll. When response comes then free thread is taken from the poll and process it in ResponseListener.

2.    Request is send and thread waits a time out for response (do not return to the poll). When response comes waiting thread will pick it up.

Frank, could tell me what case is correct?

Thank you,

Best Regards
Lukasz.