[SNMP4J] Which notify() API to use for sending traps from agent?

pradip de pradip.de at gmail.com
Fri Jul 24 02:04:58 CEST 2009

What does the notificationOriginator.notify() call do? Is it used to send
notification packets from agents to target managers? Then, what is the
difference from Snmp.notify() which can also do the same I guess. If I am
trying to implement an agent that can send traps to registered target
managers then what should I use? I am still trying to understand the source
code and it would be great if someone could explain the difference and the
usage of each for me.
thanks,
Pradip