[SNMP4J] Secure Shell Transport Model for SNMP?

Scott Abernethy Scott.Abernethy at HSTX.com
Fri Jun 5 01:10:37 CEST 2009

Hi there.

Has anyone attempted a Secure Shell transport model using SNMP4j, as per
the IETF internet drafts (links below)? Is there any plan on adding
support for this in the SNMP4j release? I know SSHTM is still in draft
but it looks like it has merit, especially given the problems we have
experienced administering USM in large(ish) SNMPv3 networks.

If the answers to the above are "no", would I be correct in saying this
would be best achieved by implementing a new TransportMapping using
something like Ganymed SSH library to facilitate the tunneling...?