[SNMP4J] Questions on snmp4j export regulations (EAR)

Nguyen Vu Hung vuhung16plus at gmail.com
Fri Jun 12 11:09:16 CEST 2009

Hi all,

I am using snmp4j (in the .jar form), version 1.9.3d in my applications.
Though snmp4j supports upto snmp version 3,
but we are mainly use snmp version 2 APIs.

Please correct me if I am wrong but as far as I have digged snmp4j,
it implements some encryption functions of snmpv3. And those encryption
functions are prohibited by the Export Administration Regulations (EAR).

My concerns are that: Is that true? And if it is, what are the Export
Control Classification Numbers (ECCN)

Thank in advance.

--
Best Regards,
Nguyen Hung Vu [aka: NVH] ( in Vietnamese: Nguyễn Vũ Hưng )