[SNMP4J] SNMP close session itself (internally)

Łukasz Jastrzębski LJastrzebski at advaoptical.com
Wed Mar 11 16:48:46 CET 2009

Hello,

I have encountered strange problem when using SNMP4J package (ver. 1.9.3c).
During long distance work on Solaris following exception occur:
java.lang.IllegalStateException: Timer already cancelled. *

I have checked it in Google that this exception could happen when SNMP session was closed.
In our server we are using only one SNMP session and it is never closed.

Based on this I have few questions:
Guys, did you noticed such a behavior?
Is it possible that SNMP4J could close session itself (internally) - ver: 1.9.3c.
Are there any special conditions could occur that session would be closed internally?

Thanks in advance for any opinion on that topic.

Best Regards
Łukasz Jastrzębski

Łukasz Jastrzębski
Software Engineer