[SNMP4J] MIB Explorer: SNMP Get without encryption or authorisation.

Mark Clements mark.clements at vega.de
Mon May 18 16:02:20 CEST 2009

Hi,

I am trying to do a very simple thing - I am using MIB Explorer to send
out an SNMP Get request to a remote Agent using SNMPv3.
This works fine for SNMPv3 using a USM with User/Security Name with
SHA/DES.

However it seems impossible when trying to send requests with a
User/Security Name that does NOT have encryption or authorisation
defined.

I always get the same (encryptic!) message from MIB Explorer:

    "Failed to send request: Message processing model 3 returned error
1403"  !!

How can I setup "MIB Explorer" to send a SNMPv3 Get request without
using encryption or authorisation ?

Thanks in advance for any help !
Regards,
Mark