[SNMP4J] Problem with identical user name

Vivi Zhang vzhang at anuesystems.com
Thu Oct 1 15:27:06 CEST 2009

Frank.

Thank you very much for quick response.

I see the usmUserTable is keyed by usmUser's SecurityName, and
engineId.   So the USM.addUser() api has no problem to put two users in
the userTable, as long as they have different engine id.

My next question is how to locate access group from vacmMib.
In VacmMIB class, the addGroup api associates a securityName with a
groupName.
  /    public void addGroup(int securityModel, OctetString
securityName,  OctetString groupName, int storageType)

/The key of the access group is (securityModel, securityName).   How to
avoid that the second addGroup call override the entry created by the
first addGroup call in the case I gave in my previous email:  two
notification targets share same V3 username?

Thanks again.

Vivi