[SNMP4J] SNMP GET questions

simon sew simonsew2000 at hotmail.com
Thu Oct 15 08:36:59 CEST 2009

Hi there,
Would like to ask a few quick questions. Sorry for my broken english.

1st) I would like to send a SNMP GET to a device. Instead of sending the response back to the original port (Think it's 161). Can I change the port no? Say port 199? If yes, how can I implement this?
2nd) Is it possible to have something like this.
Say I have 1 class to send SNMP GET (port 161) and 1 class purely to receive the trap (SNMP GET response - port 162).
I would like to use the answer from 1st question to implement this if possible. I guess it would run into port binding exception.
Have anyone facing similiar issues like mine. Are you able to solve it?

Thank you.

Regards,
Simon