[SNMP4J] Two Snmp, one TransportMapping cause IOException

Robert Mycek robert.mycek at gmail.com
Thu Oct 15 11:51:41 CEST 2009

Hi,

- I must use UDP transport
- I must bind socket to specific localAddress:port (requirement, can`t
change it).
- I must do snmp set to different client and it must be v3, authPriv
and user: "snmpUser"
but each set may have different auth/privPasswords.
- Two or more simultaneously snmp set to the same remoteAddress:port
with different auth/priv passwords are possible.
- Remote engineId is unknown (have to be discovered).

QUESTION:
Is it possible to do it with one instance of Snmp (with one TransportMapping)?

RM