[SNMP4J] problem to access tables with several indexes

wafae alami alami.ouafae at gmail.com
Tue Sep 1 16:14:38 CEST 2009

Hi ,

I have a problem to access tables with more than one index . when I make a
get on table attribute , I get a random behavior , the response display the
same row a lot of time with different index :

ex:

Sent get request to 127.0.0.1 : 8001
gciCompName.19896612:-->JMX
gciCompName.21281279:-->JMX

Sent get request to 127.0.0.1 : 8001
gciJMXGatewayCompName.18634171:-->JMX

I ovveride the mapToRowMBean method as folow :

String oname ="ProxyPlatform:type=PPFCompMBean,compName=JMX,*";
JMXIndexSupport   gciIndexSupport =
          new AbstractSyntheticJMXIndexSupport() {
          public ObjectName mapToRowMBean(Object rowIdentifier) {
            try {
              * if(rowIdentifier instanceof Object[]){
                  Object[] rows=(Object[])rowIdentifier;
                  return new ObjectName(oname+",groupName="
+rows[0]+",instName="+rows[1] );
               } *

              else
                  return new ObjectName(oname+",name=" + rowIdentifier);
            }
            catch (Exception ex) {
              ex.printStackTrace();
              return null;
      };

while this table has two indexes : GroupName and InstName

Is this the rghit way to define it for multiple indexes sould I do
differently ?

Thanks in advance

Ouafae .