[SNMP4J] can't process negative 32-bit int boundary value in response?

Choi, Andy Andy.Choi at savvis.net
Fri Apr 16 08:43:49 CEST 2010

Hello,

I have run into a possible bug where a tcpdump shows that a response PDU
is being returned with an integer varbind whose value is -2147483648,
but SNMP4J is apparently unable to finish processing the PDU and instead
is timing out on the response.  Can somebody confirm that this is a bug?
I would think that it should at least throw an Exception instead of
timing out.

Thanks,

Andy

This message contains information which may be confidential and/or privileged. Unless you are the intended recipient (or authorized to receive for the intended recipient), you may not read, use, copy or disclose to anyone the message or any information contained in the message. If you have received the message in error, please advise the sender by reply e-mail and delete the message and any attachment(s) thereto without retaining any copies.