[SNMP4J] Fix for High CPU usage and SNMP4J DefaultTcpTransportMapping

Brice Fines bfines at sermepa.es
Fri Apr 16 10:07:38 CEST 2010

Hi,

Jim, thanks for the patch you supplied.
I just tested it under Windows XP SP3 with IBM JDK 1.5 SR11 and it solves
the problem of high cpu usage. Our application work like with SNMP4J
1.10.2: commands are sent quickly over TCP and almost no CPU usage is
required (less than 8%), and when the application is IDLE, it does not use
CPU.
I hope your patch will be checked and integrated soon.
I will try to check under AIX now, and I will report the result to this
list.
(Hope more people will report results too)

Regards