[SNMP4J] SNMP4J 1.10 - Exception

Mayilraj Krishnan mayilraj at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 10 01:36:56 CET 2010

Hello Frank and other SNMP4J Experts,
I see the following exception only once so far, while using snmp4j-1.10.

2010-10-26 22:40:10.509 -0500 ERROR org.snmp4j.Snmp                                    - Failed to process pending request PduHandle[804433332] because Task already scheduled or cancelled
java.lang.IllegalStateException: Task already scheduled or cancelled
    at java.util.Timer.sched(Timer.java:358) [na:1.6.0_12]
    at java.util.Timer.schedule(Timer.java:170) [na:1.6.0_12]
    at org.snmp4j.util.DefaultTimerFactory$TimerAdapter.schedule(DefaultTimerFactory.java:47) [snmp4j-1.10.jar:na]
    at org.snmp4j.Snmp$PendingRequest.pduHandleAssigned(Snmp.java:1547) [snmp4j-1.10.jar:na]
    at org.snmp4j.MessageDispatcherImpl.sendPdu(MessageDispatcherImpl.java:452) [snmp4j-1.10.jar:na]
    at org.snmp4j.Snmp.sendMessage(Snmp.java:1066) [snmp4j-1.10.jar:na]
    at org.snmp4j.Snmp$PendingRequest.run(Snmp.java:1585) [snmp4j-1.10.jar:na]
    at java.util.TimerThread.mainLoop(Timer.java:512) [na:1.6.0_12]
    at java.util.TimerThread.run(Timer.java:462) [na:1.6.0_12]

I would appreciate any suggestions to avoid this exception? So far I could not reproduce this in any form.
I see in some forum where there were suggestions to use the close correctly (Not between the tasks) and looks like that may not be the case in my setup.

Thanks & Regards
Mayilraj