[SNMP4J] Is it possible to receive and handle SNMP tarps like NetSNMP

Sateesh Hegde (sahegde) sahegde at cisco.com
Mon Feb 15 12:44:59 CET 2010

Hi,
I have a SNMP trap receiver(SNMP4j based) which receives traps from
different types of network elements in different formats. I need to
parse the received tarps and create my own standard Event object. Right
now I am using my own CommandResponder class which will dissect the
received trap PDU and then gets a appropriate Parser class from a Parser
factory.  I was just wondering is this the correct approach or is there
a better way of achieving this like the NetSNMP traphandlers.

Regards
Sateesh