[SNMP4J] DateAndTime.makeCalendar

Juris Zubkans juris.zubkans at gmail.com
Thu Jan 7 11:59:53 CET 2010

Hi

the agent function DateAndTime.makeCalendar
accepts only octet string with length=11,
however even validateDateAndTime say that sting with 8 elements is ok too.

i think the DateAndTime.makeCalendar  should be able to create date from
element like this: "07:d6:09:0b:0e:14:26:03"
I have some agents which returns short strings and snmp-get from linux
package handles this fine
but with DateAndTime i get ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException

if I change code like below, it works fine:
    GregorianCalendar gc =
        new GregorianCalendar(year, month-1, date, hour, minute, second);
    gc.set(Calendar.MILLISECOND, deci*100);

    if (dateAndTimeValue.length() == 11) {
        String timezone = "GMT"+dateAndTimeValue.get(8)+
                          dateAndTimeValue.get(9)+":"+dateAndTimeValue.get(10);
        GregorianCalendar tgc =
            new GregorianCalendar(TimeZone.getTimeZone(timezone));
        tgc.setTimeInMillis(gc.getTimeInMillis());
        return tgc;
    }
    return gc;
}