[SNMP4J] SNMP Manager re-installation no longer authenticating

Clement_Pellerin at ibi.com Clement_Pellerin at ibi.com
Mon Jan 18 21:26:06 CET 2010

I stand corrected. The SNMPv3 spec uses "less-than" comparisons which assumes the boot count is indeed a monotonically increasing number.

On the other hand, reverting the boot count or letting it roll over has the same effect on the communication partners. The partners need to redo time synchronization.

I would expect the cached authoritativeEngineBoots are not persisted, so a simple reboot of SNMP4J would cause time synchronization again and fix the problem. Is this true?