[SNMP4J] Trap Messages using SampleAgent from the network not working

Ver Allan N. Sumabat allan.sumabat at aatitechnologies.com
Fri Jul 23 13:13:15 CEST 2010

This is the part I'm not sure I understand. Correct me if I'm wrong, my
understanding is let's say PC 1 (agent) generates a trap. The trap is caused
by let's say a hardware malfunction. Shouldn't the trap message originate
from PC 1 and not PC 2 because PC 1 has the failing hardware and the agent
should simply report it to PC 2? That is, PC 2 is the trap receiver
listening on port 162?