[SNMP4J] Handling a 1.3.6.1.6.3.15.1.1.4.0 response

Mackay, Scott scott.mackay at progeny.net
Tue Jul 27 14:04:52 CEST 2010

I had a question with regards to this response received from a normal request.
Is there an established method to handle this response?

I saw a thread about:
> If getReponse() would return the REPORT PDU, I could call
> removeEngineTime() and resend the PDU.
  (http://www.mail-archive.com/snmp4j@agentpp.org/msg00778.html)

though was curious if this is the best method.  It would be in a persistent client, periodic polling (so I retain the PDUs; it is not a constant teardown/rebuild of services).

-Scott