[SNMP4J] SNMPv3 Traps packets contain wrong IP address

Mark Clements mark.clements at vega.de
Tue Jun 15 14:34:05 CEST 2010

Hi,

A question regarding transmission of SNMPv3 Trap packets and their
contained Source IP address.

When we send these Trap packets from our server (a Windows 2000 Server),
the Source IP address within the Trap packet is wrong.
We have two network cards in the Windows Server, and the issued Trap
packet seems to be using the IP address of the wrong card.
Is there any way to make the Trap packet use the correct IP address
(i.e. of the other network card) ?

Maybe this is some Windows Network configuration ?

Thanks for any help!

Regards,
Mark