[SNMP4J] Matching Request and Response PDUs based on a target

Mark Cotner mark.cotner at gmail.com
Thu Mar 4 23:57:51 CET 2010

Hi,
I'm writing a bulk poller that does async requests against multiple hosts
and need to line up the request with the response based on the host.  I've
been passing in the unique target/host name with the request, but what comes
back out with event.getUserObject is not lining up.

For instance . . . I deliberately put in a host that times out and one that
polls correctly.  95% of the time the PDU from the working host gets
associated to the one that times out.

I went back to June on this list and didn't see anyone else complaining
about this.  Do you know of any issues with the object reference passing
from send(3rd argument) and event.getUserObject?

Please note that I'm doing this in JRuby and although unlikely it could be
flubbing the object references.  I'm going to write a pure Java test example
tonight and see if I can duplicate the issue.

'njoy,
Mark

--
"Keynes observed that pragmatic businessmen often could not imagine that
they were the slaves of defunct economists, but ironically, never is this